Creamy Raw Vegan Jicama Chik’n Caesar salad
Ok now THIS is a game changer. Moist and slightly chewy strips of Jicama smothered in creamy, savory Caesar dressing so closely resemble the flavor and texture of the Caesar salad you may remember that you will be shocked. Shocked and a little swept away. This is so simple too!
This delight would not be Possible if not for Stefanie Weiss, a dear friend and inspriation, who introduced me to the method of transforming Jicama into tender, moist morsels.
- 1 large Jicama Peeled and chopped into fry like chunks
- 1-2 tablespoons aminos of choice (I used Coconut Aminos)
Marinade the Jicama with the aminos over night then dehydrate on 105° for 10 hours or 110° for 8 hours
- 2 – 3 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 large cucumber peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tsp mustard powder or 1 teaspoons of raw stoneground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small garlic clove (you can add another if you like it super potent)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons aminos of choice
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 teaspoon sweetener of choice (if needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt and pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 small zucchini chopped and added as needed for consistency
Add everything but the chopped zucchini to your blender.
Blend, adding chunks of zucchini until you get the right consistency. I.e. Creamy and amazing.
Create your masterpiece!
Arrange the cucumber slices atop a bed of Romaine, sprinkle the Jicama Chick’n on top and drown in creamy caesar. May your taste buds be blessed with a dance of sheer joy and indulgence.